I have been working to build the My Mom’s Mole brand over the past couple of years.
Today is a big day for My Mom’s Mole. We have launched a crowdfunding campaign with Barnraiser, a social and funding community that allows its members to influence and scale the food movement by connecting to innovators of sustainable food and farming, celebrating their stories, and collectively backing projects that shape how communities farm and eat, locally and globally.
With this campaign, our goal is to raise $9000. It’s a big number, we know, but we have confidence in our community and Barnraiser. We have 32 days (Monday, September 14 until Friday, October 16) to achieve our goal and are asking you to join us in our efforts.
Click on the link to the right to skip the rest and get right to it: Spice up your life with My Mom’s Mole
What will this campaign accomplish?
- allow us to make our cooking classes available to the public at a reduced cost
- enable us to increase production capacity
- help us to cover part-time labor costs for a new team member to do in-store demos
- allow us to begin a pilot partnership with local farmers to grow organic chile peppers to use in our mole powder
Help Us Help Our Community
We are paying it forward and donating some of the proceeds from this campaign to three local organizations, whose values align with our own and who have been key to our recent brand development and growth.
- FOODWHAT, which empowers youth through teaching them about food justice
- Digital NEST, which provides technical training and mentorship to students
- Friends of Santa Cruz State Parks, which works to ensure that area state parks and beaches are maintained for the enjoyment of all
We need YOU to join us in this endeavor and support the local food movement.
Click here to support our project if you can or spread the word to others: Spice up your life with My Mom’s Mole
Thank you for your time, consideration, and energy.
Founder | My Mom’s Mole
How can you support this campaign?
Become a Backer
- ANY amount makes a huge impact towards reaching our tilt goal of $9000.
- Barnraiser will match the first dollar ofEVERY pledge.
- If 1000 people back this project at any level, we will raise an additional $1000 in matched support!
We have a variety of rewards (recipe cards, 1lb of mole, t-shirts, tote bags, private dance lessons, gift baskets & more!) available for backers of our campaign.
Spread the Word
We are asking each person to spread the campaign to 5-10 people that they think would support this campaign as a backer and/or also pass it along to others.
The url for the campaign is http://bit.ly/mole914. You can also share this page using the various circles buttons at the bottom of your screen.